Now a day everyone has a mobile or smartphone, in that we install various types of apps. Like entertainment apps some security apps or social media apps and so on. While using these apps if someone handled our mobile apps then security can be a big problem for us. how to lock apps?
Our social apps contain more personal information and everyone wants to make that secure. When you use apps, there will be a question in your mind is that how to lock apps? In such a way that no one can open our private apps.
By locking apps we can solve the major security problem. Some of the mobile company provides these features as the prebuilt facility. But some are not in this competition. at that point, we have to use some third-party apps to do that.
You can make fun with your parent by placing a password to your private chat. Never worry about kids mess up with the setting and send wrong messages.
How to lock apps in android/iPhone?
Various authors define the different methods to locks apps in android or iPhone but we are going to give you a complete solution on this.
Not sure but most android mobiles provide some inbuilt features to lock individual apps. But I think some of them have not this facility. they have no answer for how to lock apps.
So let’s start.
- Step 1: take your android phone in hand and go to setting > security.
- Step 2: go to privacy protection and select the app encryption option.
- Step 3: enter the password as you like, the password should be strong, and keep it remember.
- Step 4: select apps which you want to make password protected and enable the passcode verification. Now your apps are completely protected and locked.
as of now, whenever you will open your apps at that time you must enter your password first, and then only you can use it.
As I said, not all Android phone has inbuilt app lock features but most of them provide other than this If, this app lock feature is not included in your phone or mobile or, in addition, you want more security, Want extra feature benefits then you can use some third-party app locker.
These apps provide an app locking feature and also some other security’s. So you don’t need to worry about your security.
App lock by (do mobile app lock), app lock fingerprint by (sp soft) are some most popular app locker. By providing extremely high-quality app security, features these app lockers are moving in the industry’s top listed products.
Following are some of another top recommended app locker for android.
App lock by (do mobile app lock)
App lock by (do mobile app lock) can be a one-stop solution for securing individual apps. It provides some lovely features like
App lock supports fingerprint lock, you can hide photos, videos, and so on. It can lock gallery, messenger, contact Gmail, social media apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, and any app you choose.
- Easy to use
- You can hide photos and videos.
- Protect private memories easily.
- Use pattern lock, pin lock, and fingerprint lock.
- Enable/ disable app lock with one click.
- Low memory usage.
- Lock apps according to time and location.
How to lock apps with app lock(do mobile app lock).
- Step 1: go to the play store and search for app lock by (do mobile app lock).
- Step 2: select app lock and install.
- Step 3: Open app lock, and draw pattern to lock.
- Step 4: you will see all your phone apps. Select the app and allow permission, now your app will be encrypted.
How to lock apps in iPhone?
There are three methods to lock iPhone apps, let’s learn one by one.
1) Lock apps Using Screen Time methods:
As with Android, iPhone also has inbuilt features to lock apps. It will not provide extra features like an android but, it’s enuff to build strong security on your apps to protect from others.
In iPhone, an inbuilt feature is screen time.
- Step 1: open your IPhone setting app, and click on the screen time option. Enable/turn on the screen time option.
- Step 2: Click on the continue button and it will ask a question “this is your iPhone or child phone just answer and continue it.
- Step 3: Tap on the use screen time passcode and enter the password you like.
- Step 4: Now you just need to set up the app limit. for that click on the app limit and choose apps that you want to lock.
- Step 5: click on next and set up the time limit, you can set up this time like 1/2 min. it defines that for how long the app should be open.
Suppose I choose the time limit as 1 min then, whenever I wake up my phone and open the app which I like to use, for 1 min I can use that app after that it locked automatically.
How to unlock apps?
To use locked apps, you just need to click on the app. Click on ask for more time.
Click on enter screen time passcode, and enter your password, and then you can extend your time limit to access that app.
Note: android phones provide app locks on any system apps but, on iPhone, you can’t lock system apps like messenger, contact…
2) Lock apps using guided access method:
Guided access is another simple way to protect your privacy by locking apps, to do that just follow the step bellowed.
- Step 1: go to the setting app of your iPhone and choose general option >accessibility and then tap on guided access.
- Step 2: enable the guided access and you will see some more options below.
- Step 3: just click on the home button and then launch the app, that you want to lock.
- Step 4: After launching the app click 3 times home button. You will see an options button in the left corner. By using that you can enable the option which you want while using guided access.
- Step 5: click on the start button at the top right and enter the passcode as you like. Now guided access is started on your iPhone.
How to unlock apps using guided access?
To unlock any app you just need to open that app and tap 3 times power button and enter your passcode. Your app will be unlocked.
3) Lock iPhone app using app lockers:
This is one way, by which you can lock individual apps in iPhone but, using an app locker is another way to provide app security in iPhone. iPhone not strongly believes in third-party app locker but, steel you can make fun of with a bunch of extra features.
There are various apps locker available but Locker (by Float-Tech) and secret photo vault lock photos are two more popular nowadays. These apps provide more features for app privacy and protection. So if you are more conscious of app lock then these apps can add value to it.
Locker (by Float-Tech):
With multiple privacy protection features, Locker is beating on the number one solution for iPhone app locker. It can lock stored app, it can hide photos, videos as well.
- Add apps in lockers
- Store private apps in the locker safely.
- Setup FaceID, TouchID, and PIN protection.
Privacy protection is becoming a major part of our lives. So we need to maintain it regularly. We all are entertaining on various social media, various gaming apps, and various chatting apps. So while using this someone may access our phone and can misbehave with our personal information.
Maintaining our phone app security is a one-stop solution for that. Everyone should know that how to lock apps.
We have briefly provided all the methods and a step-by-step guide to encrypting apps. Use these methods and lets us know that, is working for you or not. Do comment us and tell, if you have some other better methods to lock apps in android or iPhone.
You may like how to lock folder in computer.