How to backup computer windows 10? Creating backup while updating your operating system plays a very important role in restoring your data in pc/laptop. Sometimes when you go for updating your windows or Mac, some of your files, applications may corrupt or may delete. At that time a backup file can help to restore your data as earlier.
There are various methods to take our pc/laptop backup, you can copy your important file and paste it at other places, and after updating the system, you can repaste it. You can choose one drive to upload your data on the cloud till updating. You can create a system image file as well to create your system recovery files.
How backup can help us?
- Suppose you have installed new windows in your system, and while updating or installing new windows you loosed some of your important applications, or files like coral draft, photoshop, or Microsoft office. Then a backup file can restore all your application and data.
- Secondly, if you buy a new pc/laptop and want to install windows or want to install windows into an older pc/laptop. At that time you do not need to reset any setting like your older computer. You can just restore all your setting in new windows by creating a backup of your older computer or laptop.
- The third benefit of backup is that you do not need to install drivers again,You can get backup of your computer drivers also.
In this article, you will find the easiest method for creating the backup and restore that backup.
- Create a backup file.
- Create a recovery drive
- How to restore backup file.
How to backup computer windows 10?
1.Create backup file
- Step 1: for creating a backup file the first step you need to do is press the windows start button and search for the control panel.
- Step 2: On the top, you will see Backup & Restore click on that, a new window will open.
- Step 3: you will see create system image click on that.
- Step 4: a new window will open, which will ask you that where do you want to save the backup. You will see three different options; select the location in which you won’t save the backup and click on the Next button.
- Step 5: After clicking on the next, it shows all available disks on your computer. The disk in which Windows is activated will be automatically selected. If you want to take a backup of another disk, then you can select that also. Click on the Next button.
- Step 6: backup downloading will start, and after completing you will see a popup asking do you want to create a system repair disk click on No.
- Step 7: Close all tabs, and you can check the backup by going to the disk or location that you selected for backup.
2.Create recovery drive
How to backup computer windows 10? The main pictures start from here, we have taken a backup but the main question is how to use it , when your computer crashed or when you loosed some data. For restoring your backup you have to create a recovery drive. Using a pen drive or using DVD. in this article you learn, to make a recovery drive using a pen drive.
- Step 1: Connect your pen drive to your computer.
- Step 2: Press the windows start button and search for the control panel. Click on Recovery.
- Step 3: On the top, you will create a recovery drive click on that.
- Step 4: one popup will appear, click on yes, and after that click on next, it will take some time
- Step 5: it will show you all your pen drive levels, from that select your particular pen drive and click on next
- Step 6: click on create button, after this your pen drive will be formatted. It will take some time, so don’t worry.
- Step 7: After completing click on the finish button and close all the tabs. you can see your backup file on the location which you provided for getting backup.
- Step 1: shut down your computer and connect your recovery drive (pen drive) to the computer/laptop.
- Step 2: press the BOOT key of your computer, if you don’t know the boot key of your computer all boot keys are listed below. Find your boot key and press.
- Step 3: you will see your connected pen drive, select that pen drive.
- Step 4: choose the keyboard layout as US and press enter.
- Step 5: select troubleshoot option and press enter.
- Step 6: select system image recovery and press enter.
- Step 7: select windows and press enter.
- Step 8: a new window will open, click on the Next button twice, and after that click on finish.
- Step 9: a clay option will appear, click on yes.
- Step 10: and after completing the process, just click on the Restart button. your backup will be restored.
If your BOOT key, not works follow these steps:
- Step 1: If your boot key is not working or nothing happens by boot key then you can try for BIOS key.
- Step 2: find the boot menu option and enable it.
- Step 3: Check your BIOS mode, if your BIOS mode is Legacy then no problem.
- Step 4: If BIOS mode is UEFI then find the secure boot option and disable it and save it. After doing this, you can follow the above steps.
Creating backup is not an easy way, but If you learn and follow the exact steps mentioned above, then it will be very easy for you to create your computer backup.
You may have seen many ways to a backup computer, but this is the easiest method. If you have any problem while making your system backup then you can ask by commenting on us.
If you know some easy method than this to create a backup then, mention that also. We hope we learn and understood that how to create the backup file and how to restore them.